ASEMS Veterans (ASEMS-V)
Applications for Fall 2020 are now open! https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_abmoD1DTQKkyJ5b
For priority consideration, completed applications should be submitted by 11:59pm on August 9, 2020. We will continue to accept applications after that date only if space in the program remains.
ASEMS Veterans (ASEMS-V) provides much of the same services as our existing ASEMS Programs (see below), but is aimed specifically at military veterans in STEM majors. Freshmen and community college transfer students are accepted. The ASEMS-V Program is a partnership between Arizona’s Science, Engineering, and Math Scholars (ASEMS) Program, the University of Arizona’s Veteran’s Education and Transition Services (https://vets.arizona.edu/), and Dr. Michael Marty.
Services & Benefits for Students
- Be part of a community of fellow STEM students
- Learn proven academic success strategies
- Meet with supportive staff and faculty for academic and career counseling
- Receive individualized support from a peer mentor and professional staff
- Develop research skills to be competitive for paid research positions
- Engage in lab shadowing experiences to explore career interests
- Receive free small group and individual tutoring for STEM classes (up to 300 level classes)
- Attend exclusive networking events with STEM faculty
- Have access to graduate & professional school workshops and 1-on-1 counseling
- Participate in community service and leadership opportunities