ASEMS Veterans (ASEMS-V)
Applications for Fall 2021 are now open!
Link to application: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0DJsfHkZxccbI6W
ASEMS Veterans (ASEMS-V) provides much of the same services as our existing ASEMS Programs (see below), but is aimed specifically at military veterans in STEM majors. Freshmen and community college transfer students are accepted. The ASEMS-V Program is a partnership between Arizona’s Science, Engineering, and Math Scholars (ASEMS) Program, the University of Arizona’s Veteran’s Education and Transition Services (https://vets.arizona.edu/), and Dr. Michael Marty.
Services & Benefits for Students
- Develop research skills to be competitive for paid research positions
- Be part of a community of fellow STEM students
- Learn proven academic success strategies
- Meet with supportive staff and faculty for academic and career counseling
- Receive individualized support from a peer mentor and professional staff
- Engage in lab shadowing experiences to explore career interests
- Receive free small group and individual tutoring for STEM classes (up to 300 level classes)
- Attend exclusive networking events with STEM faculty
- Have access to graduate & professional school workshops and 1-on-1 counseling
- Participate in community service and leadership opportunities
For more information about the program, please contact Emma Fajardo (ASEMS, firstname.lastname@example.org), Michael Marty (Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, email@example.com), or Bruce Grissom (VETS, firstname.lastname@example.org). We are happy to help with the application and encourage all incoming Veterans interested in STEM to apply.