ASEMS Transfer S-STEM Program
The S-STEM program structure matches that of our ASEMS Transfer program, but with the following additional benefits:
Students who maintain good academic standing, full-time status, financial need, and a S-STEM major each semester will be eligible to receive a scholarship for up to three years at the UA. The scholarship amount will range from $4000 - $10,000 per year, depending on the unmet need of each individual student.
Eligibility criteria (in addition to being a student transferring from a community college):
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and able to verify lawful presence.
- Must be accepted to the University of Arizona and planning to enroll as a full time student in Fall 2020.
- Must have demonstrated success and academic promise in previous STEM coursework.
- Must have completed the FAFSA and been awarded the Pell Grant.
- Must be planning to complete a degree in one of the S-STEM disciplines offered through the UA College of Science (astronomy, biology, biochemistry, ecology and evolutionary biology, chemistry, computer sciences, geosciences, hydrology and water resources, mathematics, molecular and cellular biology, neuroscience and cognitive science, physics, or science and math teacher preparation).
- Student career goals that include health care practitioner endpoints (Medical Doctor, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Nurse, etc.) are not eligible for funding under this program.
Funding for the S-STEM programming and scholarships is made possible through the National Science Foundation S-STEM award #1742324.